Thursday, March 16, 2023

destination trimble

It's been years since I have been to that tiny little town and I headed that way this morning to interview the co-owner of Reelfoot Brewery.  It is a quaint little place right in the heart of downtown within walking distance of of Full Throttle Saloon and a cool little diner called the Trimble Grill and Chill.  I had intended to eat at the diner but they were closed until 12 so I just meandered around until the beer guy showed up.  I had never been into Full Throttle which was built after Michael Ballard's place in Sturgis burned.  It's beautiful of course and a big tourist draw.  All of these businesses combined add to Trimble as a destination.

Before heading north I picked up a brand new dresser for Lauren and a very nice guy loaded it into the back of my car.  Their garage was full of stuff and he said there would be a yard sale soon.  I imagine I'll be visiting a lot of them to replace what's being moved out of Casa Poops.  I am ready for a change and the time is now but it's a process.  Everything is, ya' know.  One day at a time.

Rain is headed our way again and some really freezing nights next week.  My redneck plastic getup on the peach tree got caught in the wind and wound around two other trees so I just picked it all up and threw it away.  It's nature's way of pruning according to Daddy.

Over and out and keeping the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment