Tuesday, March 14, 2023

my day in a nutshell

 I am still trying to get the poison ivy rash cleared up on my face, neck and ears and followed up with my GP today.  Since I'm already on steroids there was nothing he could do but draw a CBC to rule out cellulitis for the puffy area around my eye.  Then I visited Sunflower Health for some special soap and an ointment with some essential oils.  They are fabulous and have a lot of knowledge about holistic products.  

I also got tested for Covid at the doc's office because Lauren found out yesterday that she has it and we were together over the weekend.  Thankfully, that was negative.  I wore a mask for the safety of others.  It seems when it rains it pours.  LP isn't feeling that bad but sounds horrible.  She drove to Bartlett for her job today transferring charts and such but will be using PTO for the next two days, all the while trying to get settled into her new house.  Sunday is moving day for the stuff that is here.  I'll be on the lookout for a smaller couch to go in my house.  That and a recliner are all I need.  This old gal doesn't entertain much, if you know what I mean.  It's usually just me and the critters.  

I have two interviews lined up this week for State Gazette articles, both of which sound interesting.  It's kind of a new chapter in my old life and I intend to embrace it with all I've got.  Life is too short to be stressed out all the time.  I enjoy writing and meeting new people and also setting my own schedule.  That is what retirement should be about.  Money will be tight for a bit but I've been there most of my life so that's nothing new.  As long as Simmons Bank doesn't collapse like the Silicon Valley place, I'm in good shape.  

Y'all be blessed and grateful.  And always remember who you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment