Sunday, March 12, 2023

old people and rugs

My co-worker Dr. Algee told me once that having throw rugs is asking for trouble when you ain't steady on your feet.  They are cute and all but can cause somebody to slip and fall.  So there's that bright thought on a gloomy day.  Me and BG went shopping today for her house and didn't buy anything but we're picky like that.  My whole face is still rashed out but not itching so bad.  I had forgotten how bad a benadryl hangover can be!  I believe the name is urticaria but I could be wrong.  Hives!  Along with that there's Poopie acting like a fool on a daily basis stinging and burning.  Note to self : See Ostomy nurse.  In other news I think my phone is about to be not able to hold a charger so we all know what that means.  It was that POS car charger I got at the 'gentral that messed up the port more than it was.

I've been itching nine ways to Jesus since Wednesday.  I was second in line at Hometown Urgent Care at 12 today and got out within an hour with a steroid shot.  It took awhile for it to kick in but I'm pretty itch tolerant right now.  Benadryl works with steroids to calm the whole down.  When I had my surgery where Poopie was created all I had for sleep was Benadryl.  I begged for it just to rest.  The whole point of that was "we gotta' get her up and moving."  Like quick.  I was walking the halls by week two when Gary Hager found me looking like an almost dead friend.  Some of his family were there so it was a twofer.  Jo Kee. 
Regina Harris. Patsye and Larry Thurmon.  Mary Beth and Dell.  God knew that I needed those folks  I was scared but out of it and they prayed over me in the ICU, holding hands.  I do remember that part.  Lauren was there and scared to death.  When I was on the vent I was trying to ask her what was wrong and they had to give me the Michael Jackson drug to get me settled down.  

It wasn't my time to die and I realize that God knew I had more faith in me.  I hate having a bag and really don't want to eat because  that means having to empty.  It's  a new normal.  I would not survive the two surgeries for reversal and I know that.  Besides, my anus ain't been used in three years.  Plus there are there are those pesky 'roids.  

I'm just thankful not to be itching and on fire right now.  Grateful and blessed ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment