Monday, March 27, 2023

critter du jour

I have never seen a live armadillo, only the dead ones on the side of the road.  As I was pulling into the driveway today I spotted this slow moving animal in the field nosing around and immediately knew it was a live one!  He meandered around out there and then walked through the yard slowly to crawl under the back deck.  I was too slow with the camera to catch the dude but I can see why they get run over because 'lerd they move slow.  Once Oscar catches sight of him it's on, for sure.

We got Lauren moved yester day and  her house is to die for cute.  It's an older home in a nice neighborhood and easy to get to.  Logan and Simon worked hard and were quick and dependable.  I highly recommend them for all your moving needs.  Their prices are VERY reasonable and they know what they're doing.  We borrowed a dolly from the house where the appliances were and they returned it later.  I want to thank everyone involved with this venture for finally making it happen.  There were a few false starts but I figure it went the way the Lord intended.  Yesterday was a beautiful warm spring day, which was a blessing.

Before that I went to tabernacle and read some scripture including almost an entire chapter from the Gospel of John about Lazarus.  The Old Testament part was about the dry bones in the desert coming back to life.  And yes, I was nervous.  I've done a lot of public speaking in my day but this is different.  All of the services during Lent are leading up to what Easter is all about.  

My yard needs to be mowed but I have to pick up more sticks before then.  Gardening will be limited because of funds which makes me sad but, that's life.  Hopefully I can get some more perennial transplants to fill in the gaps.  

Merry and bright kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment