Saturday, February 26, 2022

sticker shock

I did the megarun to Kroger today and was aghast at how much prices have risen just in the past two weeks.  The chicken store usually has the cheapest gas in town but it was WAY high today.  I went on down the road and paid 3.16 at a Marathon and then noticed that the freakin' Exxon station was a dime cheaper.  I am half ass making some progress with keeping the bills paid but sheesh.  In a year my monthly income will be cut by almost 800 bucks when my LTD runs out.  What's an old lady to do?  I'm too old to find a sugar daddy so I'll just have to depend on Big Ernie to see me through.  

I'm a gonna' go shopping for some jeans that fit at the thrift store.  I can't really wear anything tight because of el baggo so it's a dilemma.  I have one pair that don't squish the bejesus out of the appliance.  The rest of the time it's sweats.  Meanwhile, my kidneys aren't playing nice at all so I'm headed back to the doc on Monday.  The new BP med didn't work at all so I will share that info as well.  I am checking labels for sodium content and everything I see is out the roof.  I guess moderation is the key.  Who the hell knows.  

I am so proud of Ukraine and their leaders for hunkering down and fighting like hell.  Their democracy was very hard fought for and I wouldn't give it up either.  Putin is the devil in men's equivalent of Prada.  Heartless with a cold soul.  Sounds like somebody else huh?

Y'all hang in there and pray like you mean it ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment