Thursday, February 17, 2022

epic

I have noticed lately that more and more of my medical records are showing up at another provider's office which leads me to believe that the healthcare IT system that everybody who has to convert bitches about.  All of my providers are pulled together in one seamless piece where I can access test results and get messages.  This was a great idea when it was first pitched about 20 years ago as the idea that all of your healthcare info could be digitally stored on a card.  We just took the longer route to get there.   I went through two conversions myself just with basic patient care software at the hospital.  It was all fragmented and you had to chase it down.  There's still some of that, but it's much better than it was.  

Today was a washout and I mean that literally.  It rained for four hours like hard and me and Joy sat at the table watching it in anticipation of when the radar showed an all clear.  Then we got our happy asses in the car and went to the drug store pickup line.  The sun even came out for a minute.

Y'all be faithful and kind and never quit believing in the goodness ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment