Thursday, February 3, 2022

don't piss an old girl off

I didn't even check my BP and went ahead and took a whole pill.  I'm THAT mad at the world.  There was a time when you could count on business people to honor their promises.  Many still do, but my gas company has let me run completely out of propane in the middle of a freakin' winter storm.  The reason for this is the big fish eats little fish mentality of our day and time.  After a little research, I found that my provider was a little fish, probably a mom and pop deal, that was bought by a large corporation owned by some Irish fuel company.  There are two employees in the local office and one of them is, I assume, the driver.  Nobody talks to anybody else so communication is non-existent.  I told the lady today that we would be switching companies and her response was "okay."  It's not her fault, she's just taking calls.  So far the temp is staying steady at 69 with gas logs and two space heaters.  When the logs go out, it will be time to build a pillow fort.  

On the upside I was mad enough to clean the kitchen, so there's that.  I'll get some laundry done and a bit more cleaning.  Maybe watch a little Ozark and get updated on Marty's situation.  That show is like a train wreck.  You can't NOT keep watching.

When life gives you snow and ice, make snow cream.  This too shall pass ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment