Monday, April 19, 2021

sidebar

My hero of the day is the judge who called a break from the hours long testimony of the defense in the Chauvin trial.  I have followed that situation since it happened because it seemed as if I lost something there too.  After watching the other side today I came out understanding how crowd control can distort things for first responders.  I've seen all the video here there upwards and sideways.  The simple truth is that a man died because his breathing was stopped by a knee.  Doesn't matter if he was on fentanyl or had a 75% blocked LAD.  

Here's the thing.  We are all so caught up in racial profiling that it's making it difficult for law enforcement to do their jobs serving both the rule of law and their own personal issues.  For many cops that means a snap when you've seen it too much.  Those first two were rookies on a training mission and then he had to intervene.  That's when the shit hit the fan.  Everybody is blaming everyone else for not doing their job "right".  A man who was probably going to die soon anyway with his lifestyle had the breath snuffed out of him with a hold that may or may not be in line with police training policy.  It made me sick and also made me miss Brandi on Kelly's show.  I don't know what is up with Hulu and NBC but they need to work it out.  Don't mess with out shows y'all.

I see both sides of most every issue or situation.  It may take me a while to get there but, you know.  It's a process.  The only time I've ever paid a lawyer was for my divorce.  The rest of the time, I have folks who will advise off the record, so to speak.  I have served jury duty multiple times and never got picked thank you sweetbabyjesus.  The last one was an easy out since I worked with the defendants.  I still had to sit there all day to be able to leave.  

The spirit is moving and I feel it.  That's always a good thing ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment