Saturday, April 10, 2021

it got up and went

I moved into this cabin during a horrid snow and ice storm and February after the water froze at the other place.  Fortunately I had most of my furniture already here.  Since then I've been going back and forth up that hill to retrieve "history among junk."  When my parents died, I was deemed the keeper of no less than 50 boxes and or albums detailing their lives.  I have my mom's wedding dress and girl scout uniform if that gives you an idea of the scope.  Plus, all my stuff.  I had two closets up there and all the clothes smelled like mold from the basement so they have been hauled and lay in a pile as big as the Smokies waiting to be washed and sorted through.  This morning I did what I could with the picture albums and boxes but to be honest, my get up and go is gone.

Whatever is left there is not meant for me to have.  I will sort through what I have and make another run tomorrow but I'm over it.  Y'all remember who you are.  Always ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment