Sunday, April 18, 2021

in my daughter's eyes

I had a playdate with Reaves today and explored her backyard park.  It has a slide and a treehouse and all the fixins'.  Every single time she said "one more time" we did it again.  She has these big letters that fit together and her genius self knows which one goes with what shape so we put a few of those together.  Then she used them as stepping stones back to the slide.  I felt the joy, once again, of being a baby who knows that people love and care for her.  She even slept in her own bed last night!

As for the rest of the day, I'm chilling.  I've planted all ima'gonna' do and waiting for rain.  I'm discovering things that I didn't realize were still here like a stray peony and lilys of the valley. This will be where I spend the rest of my life so I'm determined to plant ahead.  Lowe's. Stanfields. Penningtons.  Thank you for your service!

I am determined to put some added value into this place I call home now.  It's clean (mostly except for piles of pictures) and I feel like this is where I needed to be.  I mean gah....I watched them work on it for three years.  I haven't ventured to the attic yet because that involves moving a board but I'll get there.  Baby steps.

Enjoy your day of rest, however you choose to spend it ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment