Saturday, September 28, 2019

what day is it anyway?

One of the coolest things about being retired is that you often forget what day of the week it is.  I have a Mary Englebreit calendar to help me with that thanks to the 'zon. I stayed up until midnight last night which is unheard of for me but I didn't get home 'til 6:30 so there ya' go.  Gotta wind down.

It's still hot, dammit.  I want me some 50s at night to cool things off.  We can't always get what we want.  I went Krogering today and got hit up by some boy scouts selling popcorn out front.  Kroger is good about that sort of thing..  They also let the Salvation Army bell ringers hang out.  These dudes were all over and when I rolled out they approached me again.  I pointed to the bag of caramel corn in the buggy.  Their leader was pleasant and had them working like pros.  

Inside the store I saw various friends and neighbors and knew exactly what I wanted.  It's pretty standard now:  spring mix, turkey, eggs, butter, Sara Lee artesan bread.  Oh, and hummus.  I know I could make my own but I don't have a food processor.  

My friend Lew Jetton played the BBQ on the river gig in Paducah last night.  He is one helluva player and blues singer and I put him in the top ten along with Joe Bonamassa.  That, my dear, is a sincere compliment.  

Onward!  

1 comment:

  1. 88 here today. Calling for 90 tomorrow and 91 on Monday. Huh?

    ReplyDelete