Sunday, September 15, 2019

the lord's day

It is about a week until the first day of fall and today's high was 100.  Honey please.  We were fanning in church this morning.  I sat with my family and got fed like I always do.  My client needed groceries so I worked that in before an arts council meeting.  I basically just went to check it out but was amazed when two other people were there for the very same reason as me.  I love it when that happens.  Strength in numbers.  

This particular venue is a museum of Dyer County History among other things.  As I was listening to business I glanced over and saw an old FFA jacket hanging on the wall.  I remembered that Mom had donated Daddy's so after the meeting I turned it around and there was his name.  Billy Stafford, President.  

Daddy had a rare opportunity to attend UT Martin school of agriculture on a scholarship arranged by Sam Reed, his teacher.  That's a big achievement for a sharecropper's son.  I swear if he were alive today he would "get" the science of hemp production.

All in all it's just another brick in the wall ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment