Tuesday, September 3, 2019

something old and something new

We have a super nice library that I don't visit nearly enough.  I went by and the staff painstakingly took me through the process of finding old newspapers on microfiche.  We were successful in finding two of my mother's articles from The Dyersburg Mirror.  The lovely lady who helped me scroll was sitting in a room FULL of boxes containing fiche that is being computerized.  She said it would probably take her three years!  I also noticed a large art display which rotates monthly.  Hmmm, I said to myself.  I then picked out a Stephanie Plum novel and was on my merry way out into the heat.  Lawd have mercy.

My friend Adrian shared a recipe the other day for Snickerdoodle bread and I was intrigued.  I made it last night and OMG.  It is seriously to die for.  The recipe will be coming up soon in On the Back Burner.  

I've developed a thick skin when it comes to trolls.  Most friends respect me enough not to go on a full frontal rampage when I post something.  Now it's mostly passive aggressive kind of crap like "bless y'alls hearts.  I really don't need your pity.  The decision that I made early in life to work for a party that is of the people is one that I do not regret nor have to defend.  Compromise is the only answer to any situation.  I'm not a "flaming" liberal.  I refrain from name calling except for Mitch McConnell because, please.. Just go away.  I refuse to honor Trump by compromising MY standards to meet his.  The polarization is astounding which is how countries fall when they don't really know what the leadership is up to.  

If all goes well we'll be petting baby animals at the fair tomorrow.  The way our luck changes, you just never know.  Stay strong and close to your tribe.  Grow that tribe with trust and you will never be alone.  

Peace ~


No comments:

Post a Comment