Friday, September 27, 2019

a full and happy life

I can honestly say that it took me a full year of living in a cave to begin baby steps toward a new life.  Every time I go to that hospital people hug my neck and look enviously at me when I say I have no regrets.  That first year I spent damn near in a coma sleeping 12-14 hours a night and not doing squat but staying on the computer.  Even though it was a good thing, it was a loss and it had to be grieved properly.

Since then I have begun to look for ways to have fun, give back and make a few bucks on the side, not necessarily in that order.  There is no giant schedule telling me when I have to be somewhere because I'm in charge of the calendar now and I'm picky.  As a co-dependent I have a tendency to overload myself.  Luckily I realize that and choose wisely.  

I have Reaves for 8 hours on Sunday so I'm sure that will be both a test of endurance and a chance to bond.  We don't see each other that much and not for long periods of time.  

Impeach away y'all if that's what is going to happen.  Don't drag that shit out until it becomes a "nothingburger".  Dave Hahn invented that word, BTW.  

Don't worry.  Be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment