Sunday, September 8, 2019

if it ain't one thing it's another

I was outside taking sunset pictures yesterday and wandered over to clean off my nasty windshield.  Somewhere along that route and back into the house I lost my phone.  It's dead so it goes straight to voice mail.  Alrighty then.  I've walked the yard about 20 times looking for it and there is no phone to be found.  Searched the car.  Walked the yard again.  It's so maddening to know that it's somewhere here and I can't find it.  I took comfort in a post that my daughter did today about acceptance.  It is what it is.  No phone.  Deal with it for a few days.  Maybe it will turn up.  If anyone has an old one I can use, help a girl out.  Buying a new one will cost me over the next 30 months and I will have to pay the bill in full and the sales tax on the device.  Definitely not in my budget.  

We went to the fairgrounds today to tear down our booth and left it in better shape than we found it, pulling out years old staples from the wall.  All in all it was a good week.  We registered some voters and got names and numbers of people who didn't know anything about our local party.  We were consistent in having somebody there even when traffic was slow.  We were present.  It takes a lot of volunteers to pull off something like the Dyer County Fair in general, then factor in the individual contributions of those who are furthering their cause.  

I slept through church....again.  My body is telling me I need the rest and I'm listening.  As for me and mine we will manifest the lost phone and hope for the best.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment