Friday, January 12, 2018

snow day

Well, the weather forecast was spot on.  Teachers and children rejoice and everybody else, not so much.  It's a very treacherous time for somebody in my shape because one fall could do my left shoulder in.  That is exactly what happened to the right one when I fell not once but TWICE on the ice and snapped the subscapularis tendon in half several years ago. I have no carport so deicing the Camry is a real ordeal, especially at 6AM in the dark.  The saving grace of this kind of weather is that people don't get out unless they have to.

It's pretty out here in the snow and I can hear the bambambam of duck hunters over the dripping faucets.  Today is my cousin Mo's birthday and also her late father.  She remembers more snowy birthdays than not and recalled one year when her daddy picked up people four at a time for her party.  My brother's is on the 15th and I can vividly remember him as a bitty boy with pneumonia on his special day.  Mother nature knows no calendar.

I've never been real big on playing in it, choosing instead to admire the beauty from inside.  There was one time when I tried pulling Lauren in a disc tied to the back of the car with a sheet and it broke.  So much for that!  Not very safe, but it was all we had.  Visibility is near zero so y'all be careful out there.  

And yes.....Trump is still your president.  For now.




No comments:

Post a Comment