Wednesday, January 17, 2018

facebookland

Like most other folks I enjoy keeping up with friends on FB.  I've dealt with my fair share of trolls, mostly regarding politics but I've never before witnessed what I saw today which was a personal attack on someone's post.  A friend wrote from her heart about a situation that is seemingly impossible for her and was promptly told that she was "ignorant" and a "fool" for doing so.  This comment was posted by someone who has no idea what's going on.  Nada.  

Social media is both a blessing and a curse.  Many people live their lives through it and out current POTUS uses Twitter daily to trash somebody or something.  To use FB or any other form of social media to insult someone is just wrong in my book.  If you are a celebrity and or politician, you set yourself up for it.  Your average user is employing the technology available to reach out to others for good.  This was not the case in this particular situation.  All I can say is that the person who made these comments showed their ass in a very BAD way.  The vitriolic comments were fortunately offset by many many offers of love and support.  So, enough about that.  Like my mama used to say "If you can't say something nice, keep your trap shut."

The sun is out now following snow flurries this morning.  I'm hibernating until the roads get in better shape or I need food, whichever comes first.  I know that parents everywhere are looking forward to getting those kiddos back to school!  Snow days can definitely be the devil's workshop.

Keep smiling....keep shining ~

No comments:

Post a Comment