Monday, January 1, 2018

baby it's cold outside

Bone chilling, in fact.  I made my one run into the artic air and will remain in this house until it gets above 20 at least.  The temp has risen from 6 to 11 since I got up this morning.  I doubt we'll hit the 20 degree mark.  Now I'm warming back up and working  the old shoulder.  Tomorrow brings another treatment my way.

I'm heartbroken that I wasn't invited to Mar A Largo for the festivities.  I'm sure it got lost in the mail.  Melania had on the most hideous dress I've ever seen, BTW.  Me and Mamye shot off a couple of roman candles but couldn't get the sparklers to work because of the heavy wind.  And I was asleep WAY before midnight.  

So here we are with a brand new year to explore.  Back in the day my parents and their friends gathered at the Bruce's house for New Year's food and football.  We were all teenagers so we piled up in Tim's room and avoided the elders.  I've always hated football I suppose because I saw so much of it growing up.  Daddy was a fiend and Mom became one just because that was the way it rolled.  Might as well join 'em if you can't beat 'em.  

I also hate cabbage so that's out and so is kraut.  Guess I'll just have to take my chances on the folding money.  I used to have three dog nights when it was cold but now there's only two plus a cat.  I sure do miss all the ones who have crossed the rainbow bridge.  Especially Faith and Butterbean.

Happy new year to you and your mama'n'them.  Oh...and always.  Keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment