Tuesday, January 16, 2018

slow go

My orthopedic doc comes here twice a month from Jackson so I wasn't real sure he would be there for my appointment today.  We got probably 4 inches of snow but NO ice this time so it's much more easily traveled.  The road crews have busted out plows and some kind of grainy stuff to put a little traction on the ice underneath.  Salt maybe?  Anyway, we discussed options which are pretty limited to shoulder replacement.  He put me off for two more weeks until I see him again on the 1st for reasessment.  Maybe by then the pain will be better.  Right now, it sucks.

It was surreal being the first car to lay tracks in that fresh snow.  As I got closer to the barn I saw deer prints all over the place.  That's one of their crossings.  I don't do anything fast these days because I'm afraid I'll fall so I crept carefully in snow boots to get to the car to the doctor and back.  Didn't even slide once.   Somebody else did though because there was one laying in the ditch on 51.

Looks like there's a warmup on the way in a few days so there's that to look forward to.   I'm just enjoying the pretty scenery while it's around.

Sleighbells ring ~


No comments:

Post a Comment