Thursday, September 3, 2015

the universe responds

Once upon a time when I was newly single and bored I wandered the halls of the sawmill and noticed this totally cute guy with doting parents nearby.  The nurses hooked me up and my one date with him came the day after Hurricane Katrina up here on the lane.  It was so hot you could just feel the earth about to explode and here I was chasing after somebody who was still hung up on his ex-wife who had left him for a country singer.  You can't make this shit up. His last ex had used splenda' on the edge of margaritas so there was no salt. Since he was pretty cute and all I used that as an excuse to go to church and see him one more time where I was greeted with a very cold shoulder from he as a greeter, complete with silk shirt.  This is the very same church where the COC came to terms with women serving and it was a long time coming.  My bossfriend regularly serves communion and worships with her people.  I miss that.

Back in the day, she invited me to the new and improved version of that particular brand where you could wear shorts or jeans and not get frowned upon.  Ditto for the tattoos and life lessons.  When it becomes less about what is acceptable and more contingent on what God wants, everybody wins.  After all, He and Sophia are in charge.  At that particular church there was a real racial divide and I remember once a guy came and preached who mesmerized me with the words of Big Ernie.  There was no hellfire and brimstone and it was heavy on the gospels according to, um.  You know the drill.  I am a Christian  and have never been persecuted for my beliefs but it has not always been "thus and so" unless you count the countless terrorist attacks against our tribe.  If you believe in blood moons, now is a good time to stock up on bottled water.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment