Wednesday, September 16, 2015

better late than never

I had ordered an ice cream cake for my (un) birthday party and then Mama broke her arm and it seemed like not quite so important so I didn't pick it up.  They started calling that afternoon and they don't take checks ( remember, no debit card ) and I rarely keep cash so I've been putting them off.  Until today, that is.  I skipped out of work ten minutes early on a mission to get new sheets for the new bed and new granny panties for my mama.  Yaya was invited to the party and in fact showed up along with her sister, mother and Mary Beth plus Lois Mae.  Uh.  I guess they didn't get the email.  Anyways, they partied without me and send cards.  I ran into Yaya at JCP while shopping and she dropped my gift bag in the car.  About that time the DQ called again and said "the cake, remember?".  So....I had planned on dropping off the undies and visiting with Mom but it's 90 degrees and the cake would have been soup by the time I got home.  She's had company today so I don't feel so bad.

So, how about those harpies on The View hmm?  Don't piss off a bunch of healthcare providers, I'm just saying.  Karma will send you the bitch from hell with a needle next time you have plastic surgery.  The outdated notion that only physicians take care of a patient is one that needs to go in the trash.  They are contracted with and employed ( for the most part ) by corporations now just like the "rest of us."  Gone are the days of private practice thanks to specialization and high malpractice premiums.  It is what it is and it takes a village to care for the sick.

Since there is no TV here other than a player I suppose I'll miss the GOP debate and I'm really torn up about that one.  I'm sure the WWW will keep me posted.  They might as well just give it up because it's Bernie time in Tennessee and a lot of other places.  Haslam and his band of merry conservatives have managed to eff up even more a totally complicated thing like healthcare and possible revenue streams like weed.  Today is tax free weed day in CO so I imagine they're covered up with clients.

Carry on people ~ with faith


1 comment:

  1. I cannot agree more about the nurses. Those women on the View ought to be ashamed of themselves.

    ReplyDelete