Sunday, September 13, 2015

hoodie time

It's that season when there's a chill in the air signaling football ( sorry Vols ) bonfires and of course HOODIES!  I normally wear BG's stuff because I hate to shop but I have an honest to goodness Bernie hoodie on the way.  I figure it will see me through until the election next year.  I just watched a video of how half a million folks got rescued from Manhattan on 9/11 and must admit I never even thought about them being trapped like that.   Amazing stuff y'all, and truly what we are capable of as a people if we work smart together.  

In today's news there was word of the not so great state of Alabama closing all but FOUR driver's license stations.  I mean come on people!  Who can drive hours to get to the DMV???  Adding insult to injury, they have a law requiring a photo ID to vote.  Hmmm.  Sounds like court time for you  Tide folks.  I woke up before daylight again, this time with tears in my eyes.  I figure it's a process and I might as well let it flow now because life just keeps on changing.  I went to see the mayor Mozella yesterday and gave her a B12 shot.  Clara was there, stopping by on her way to see "the girls", her chickens.  A long time county employee she is currently running for a vacant spot on the school board.  I hope she wins!

The new neighbors had a lot of stuff and the lane was hot with traffic on their moving day.  We haven't met yet but I'm sure that will happen.  If I was a good Betty Crocker like villager I'd be baking bread as a house warming gift. Sadly, I am not.  Just an old smartass hippie with osteo in every joint.  Aleve is my drug of choice.  An old friend stopped by yesterday for a visit and we caught up on what's going on in his world.  His kids are living elsewhere with their Mama but they talk to him regularly.  He was wearing a cross around his neck that L gave him.  

Gigi is working like a maniac on her new house and I stopped by yesterday not realizing that she had locked herself in to paint.  Next time I'll bang on the door !  "Our" pool didn't get used this weekend because it's too cool I imagine.  There might have been some brave souls who jumped, but I wasn't one of 'em.   I'm unwinding, so to speak.  Letting out all those loose thoughts and regrets...small joys and big victories.  Because why?  Because I can.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment