Tuesday, September 8, 2015

road dog

This is "it's okay to be me" day here on the hill.  I'm waiting for Bedroom Bill and his crew to deliver my present to me which is a new queen set.   That 25 year old deal in there is killing my back and hips.  It's okay for the dogs but.....not so much for folks like me.  I put them on the floor for some odd reason, probably thinking I'd have more support with the wood underneath.  Who knows what I was thinking at that point in time?   Oscar and I took a road trip up to the chicken store which will be my only outing.  He rides shotgun and loves to hang out the window on the driver's side where I can see his eyes with the wind blowing all that terrier hair back.  The first time he was in a car he jumped out the window into a cotton field and tumbled.  Dude learned his lesson that day.

Oddly enough, I am able to spot Daddy's grave from the street now and that brings comfort.  There is no stone yet and it's a VA thing so I imagine it will take forever and a day.  Mama is sleeping 12 hours a day at the home which is way cool because she's tired like the rest of us.  We tried to get her a new bed but she said nope..she'd sleep in the antique 3/4.  She was disappointed that I didn't want the family history rebound for my birthday and chose ice cream cake instead.  We'll be having lunch together on my birthday tomorrow which is, as Old Hoss would say: "A good thing."   Martha Stewart too.  It's an inside family joke with Mom about not being Martha.

So, Bernie is trumping both Hillary and Donald so there you go.  Never say never y'all.  To all of you free thinkers out there and others who might be swayed toward the middle, consider this candidacy if you will.  An end to privatized prisons and harsh drug enforcement laws.  Accountability  by big money  entities to  government, including transparency in campaign funding.  Environmental safety that looks toward the crises that global warming have presented to us.   It is real, and it's not going away.  Deal with it.

There is no other news than my eyes are still swollen and there's a cool front coming so I'm looking forward to the relief.   This too shall pass.

Love~

1 comment:

  1. Good for you getting a new mattress. It will really help, I hope.

    ReplyDelete