Sunday, September 6, 2015

here's the rub

My best Labor Day memory ever is of the day that Bubba organized a hunt in an inconspicuous corner and cooked fried tilapia on the tailgate of somebody's truck while Daddy sat next to the cattle rub that P.H. White used to sell.  There's a picture somewhere but I can't seem to find it.  He sat on the hill while I rode with all these guys and their dogs down to where the action was.  Red Houston was there too with his dog, the one he used to bring out for a run every day.  He is now in the home where Mama lives which is pretty sweet considering she and Miss Ruth were besties.  I think he still goes home to check on the onions in the bathtub out in the side yard.  Hey...farmer's gotta' do what they do.  

Every day gives me the opportunity to see that I'm wasting away doing what I do with my life.  I am a corporate lackey ( with benefits ) who tries to make a difference and has been treated poorly during the  previous mergers/sales/ what have you.  I'm talking 38 years worth.  Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to "my" bank's window for cash on Saturday morning and found that all the signage had changed and they were closed.  That kind of shit causes riots y'all, not to mention people jumping off the roof of Wall Street.  

On a lighter note, Mama made it to church today thanks t Carney.  I set two alarms...one for me and one to make sure she was up.  If the woman didn't have something to worry about she'd just have to take a nap which is exactly what she was doing when I called.  We chatted and I assured her that I do indeed want the family history and she can have it rebound but she should save her $% for high thread count sheets.  Said she was just gonna' give it to Tommy which makes sense.  The buck stops here with the Stafford name.  

There was this random violent thing that I heard about yesterday which was really disturbing on a lot of levels involving chemically modified drugs that tend to give one super-human strength when in overdose mode.  This substance became legal because marijuana is illegal according to the federal government.  Many states have made the decision to jump on the business wagon and tap into the wonders of CDBs as a curative future.  Don't y'all ever watch Sanjay??  Geez.  

Pain pills including but not limited to hydros, percocets, oxys, morphine,etc. are readily available for sales because there is an entire sub-culture devoted to the doctor mills that keep these people hooked.  In the biz it's known as "pain management".  The reality of it is that somebody with an MD on their name is raping state sponsored insurance like TnCare.  See: Phil Bredesen. The downfall of that entire program was the failure of the state to provide proper oversight to a program that was ripe for the picking by corrupt Dems like the Ford family and everybody they ever knew.  Daycare.  Healthcare.  All pissed away by corruption.  I can say that I don't care all day long but everybody knows I do.  I'm just really tired right now and don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.   


No comments:

Post a Comment