Friday, September 25, 2015

the corner of happy and healthy

If I were still the snarky anti-Republican I used to be I would be tickled to death with Boehner's resignation which I am only I wish McConnell was right behind him.  And a whole boatload of others, by the way.  The timing of his move one day after a papal visit where he, as a Catholic, has led the tumultuous past years where the government shuts down on a whim while we go without protection,  says volumes.  Maybe...just maybe...it will become clear that if we all don't play nice and take care of Mother Earth and all its' people, we're going to destroy the world.  And no amount of second coming will save that unless the Rapture includes a new planet.  Get.A.Grip.People.  It's not all about you.  

Watching Nip Tuck is such entertainment, partly because these bobble head botox folks take their appearance so seriously.  I know a surgeon who does that for a living just because it's easier than pulling call on the local ER rotation plus you make a lot more.  He's just as pretty as Christian   Working with doctors my whole life has given me an inside view into who really cares and who's in it for the money.  One whom I can definitely say has dollar signs in his eyes is the one who cared for my father during his last weeks.  Now, granted...it was what they call a "complicated" case where the presenting diagnosis didn't match what got found in the OR.  There were three surgeries instead of one big one, each time weakening him a bit more to the point where his elderly body just gave up.  Anesthesia is tough even on much younger folks. Had this particular doc taken the time and effort to recognize something other than a fee, things might have gone smoother.  They're all watching their backs on outcomes you know.  My cousin saw him one of the days I was chasing his ass down at a local hotel about the same time I was trying unsuccessfully to reach him.  He's building one in a nearby town because.....Discovery Park.  

The heroes in this story are my co-workers, the ones who took the time and effort to be there with me while he was critically ill more than in an it's my job kind of way.  The process started about five years ago when my parents began having yearly hospitalizations for this that and the other.  I remember one Mother's Day when Daddy walked into the porch post and was found to have pneumonia as in Strep of the lungs.  And also in his blood.  I had it too and could barely walk yet he bragged on me for being there.  I should have stayed home. The infectious process is insidious and preys on those whose immune system are depressed, in large part, due to toxic substances..  I respect radiation oncology and chemotherapy as disciplines when there is hope. Otherwise, hook me up with some CBDs and let's sing kumba-yahhh!    

I didn't feel like fighting the crowds at the gentral so I wander into the corner of happy and healthy for some lip balm and BC powders.  I couldn't help but notice that corporate America has hidden our choices in aisle upon aisle of name brand cosmetics and generic vitamins.  They don't carry memory so don't even ask.  One of my guiltiest pleasures is RhoTo drops and I now have some if I don't lose 'em.  Same for the allergy ones because my eyes are a hot mess of beans and corn.  Plus global warming.  Lorna and I talked today and her luck is much worse than mine lately so send her some karma.  Tell her Poopie sent you ^j^




1 comment:

  1. I wondered about the timing of Boehner's announcement. It seems to me he could have (and I think, should have) waited until the Pope left the United States.

    ReplyDelete