Monday, September 21, 2015

just ask judy ~ or joe

One of my oldest online friends as in, um, years of following...is a lovely lady of style and guts  who spent her career decorating things like governor's mansions and weddings.  Probably even a Bar Mitzvah or two.  Our inside joke has always been that she'll do my flowers when Sugardaddy shows up.  We are of like mind politically, spiritually and human rights wise whether it's women or whomever the minority du jour is.  I'm still so pissed about the upcoming  GOPgasm I could just hit somebody.  Gotta' find some zen on that piece.  Thanks Judy!

I'm training what will probably be my last student in the art of compatibility testing and whatnot.  Managing the blood supply of a hospital like ours is pretty serious business because we're a regional center for local trauma.  We are supplied by an independent blood center half an hour away and get excellent service. When I first started we got it off a bus from Memphis and it took 6 hours.  Not.Good.  Around that time a man named Jack Smythe with a ythe came around recruiting locals to support county wide donation programs.  My home church preacher Willis took to the pulpit with fire and brimstone and by golly got the whole thing started.  That same volunteer base is represented in multiple counties and hospitals.  That is something to be proud of...just saying.  They serve the Gentral where blood usage is pretty heavy because their trauma is the trauma WE send them.  Thanks Joe!

The guy at the home told me to put the VA papers in the person's hand for entry so I called to find that our local rep is on the road and his duties being covered by a farmer who is getting his crop in.  His desk is in the old DMV building, unlike Ziglar over at the unemployment office.  I told him I'd be there right after 2 and dude stuck a note on the door "out at 1:47."  So I'm guessing maybe it really is quicker by snail mail.  Hey...we can FedEx that bitch!  Another lady was trying to get in with papers and she said he had told her it would probably close soon with the closest "regional" office being in Ripley.  Can you imagine having to drive that far to deal with affairs concerning death.  Geez man.

 Tomorrow is BGs 31st birthday and I still remember the week prior to her birth.  I had taken the last week off before her due date and didn't commence so I went back for *one* day and started having contractions.  That went on for two days before Mary Stuart pulled her out with forceps because everybody was wore ass out, especially her.  There was a pizza party in the waiting room and all the fam was gathered.  I couldn't feel my legs 'til the next day.

I'm assuming that perhaps I'm not living my life on exactly the right path when things happen like they have lately.  The IRS caught up with me on 2013 in the tune of 700 bucks on 3900.  The kicker is that last year it wasn't required.  Thanks Obama!   I did get to hug my brother today and that's always good.  I mean, time and distance are pretty formidable at this point!

Grace

1 comment:

  1. Poopie, thanks so much for the mention. I can assure you that I will come out of retirement to do your flowers when Prince Charming shows up - and I know he will!!

    ReplyDelete