Friday, September 11, 2015

simmons first

Under the guise of a holiday weekend my bank sold and re-branded.  This means that my (lost) debit card from the previously locally owned franchise is swimming in snail mail.  The money that we deposited from our recent good and bad fortune is lost in space during the transition.  So much for the banking industry.  They have my DD paycheck as well yet I cannot find out my current balance because customer service is experiencing long wait times.  Ya' think?  I'm about to go all Elizabeth Warren on you people!  And Bernie too, for good measure.

Since today is 9/11/15 I am reflecting on the idiocy of a the past few fourteen years in the wake of those attacks. We were clueless then, not believing that perhaps our ways were not those of Big Ernie.  Oddly enough, my tribute for that day was for none other than one Neil David Levin who had worked his way up through the ranks of high finance to the WTC office where he died like thousands of others.  I remember the hatred and bigotry during the days that followed with Muslim followers being persecuted universally, peaceful as they were.  Jihad for good is an honorable thing.  Dying for a god who believes in taking innocents is heresy.  There are no virgins in heaven or martyrs.  It's just you and the next right thing.   Often a Long Road out of Eden.

Mom and I had lunch today with ice cream for desert and it was lovely.  She ate her sundae left handed, no less.  Red met me at the door and opened it when I came in from the DQ and told me he had checked in on her and found her mouth wide open and snoring, still in PJs.  That's our girl!  Do not call or text or message or otherwise bother me before 9AM  because you will be ignored.  Sometimes it's all about that rest.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment