Wednesday, September 30, 2015

call me the breeze

It's cooler now that the front has passed with little or no rain.  I suppose that Cat 1 in the Bahamas will change all that for the east coast.  I remember stories about how a hurricane went as far inland as the Blue Ridge back in the day.  That could have been due to global warming too, by the way.  Mostly it's about weather patterns that do what they do in response to the changing climate and cycles of the universe like tides.  Lorna is in the keys where they were getting torrential rain AND high tides last night.  She has been a part of this summer too as we have shared the loss of parents and not even laid eyes on each other since she had a heart attack stumbled and fell on my bedroom floor in March.  That was the longest damn winter ever and there was a foot of snow on the ground when I took her back to the orchard.  We wandered around and oohed and aahhed over all her piles because every girl of good taste has a collection of something.  Mine was boxes, oddly enough.  I've always tried to get out of it which is kind of ironic.

Animal totem messaging has become brutal with me barely missing an armadillo and smooth on hitting a raccoon all in one day.  I pay a lot more attention to this sort of thing now.  Our friend Tony goes around town picking up road kill for the foxes at his house.  I wonder if they like armadillo?  And since when do we have those in Tennessee????

Mama and I visited yesterday over cherry lime-ade and ice cream with Ms Jerlene and June.  She seems to be adapting well considering she's almost blind and can't walk or use her right hand.  She laughs more, cries less which is something I am doing as well.  The sucker punch summer of 2015 will not keep a good woman down.  We are in transition again with BG's move but thankfully there's no rush on any of it.  My friend Jennifer, on the other hand, just returned from a family visit to Hawaii and has to be out by Sunday. Bless.Her.Heart.

I first met Deb through Yaya and we became fast friends because of her infectious sense of humor and generosity.  When I turned 50 she hosted a birthday party for me at their house and we drank beer on the pontoon at Lakewood with her at the helm.  Toby hauled us back in when it got dark.  This lady whom I had only recently met bought me a power drill that I still have.  She died yesterday during a procedure for vascular disease, something that had followed her for many years.  Since then, her daughter has married another family friend and there you go.  Back to the funeral home.

I got attacked by the worst dead baby parts troll in history yesterday on FB which seriously makes me appreciate the block button.  Shame on me for arguing back.  The videos were heavily altered  and their boss only took them to task for discussing things in public places because "hippa".  End of story.  Once again, this organization does a lot of good in the healthcare arena.  Let's just all agree that they pay for deliveries and assure them homes with hometown America before de-funding basic services.  No more baby parts, umkay?

Oh, and while we're at it let's cut SNAP and EBT to the gentral and wallyworld and make food choices more healthy and affordable.  Simple is the daily word there, choosing less processed  food.  That includes the 2 liter of diet soda I drink so I may have to switch to coffee.   The pile of straw out back is still packed with basil, oregano and rosemary.  I'll buy a few more and let them sit during the winter for next year's crop.
Speaking of which, there will be no pecans so don't bring your raggedy ass out my way looking to poach. The squirrels have been been busy and I will shoot your ass if the dogs don't kill you first.

Peace and love ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment