Thursday, September 10, 2015

be prepared

My mother, daughter and I were all Girl Scouts of the USA by golly and that was our motto.  We've been so prepared all our lives that we forgot to live, if you know what I mean.  Who among us has not stashed away first paper sacks and then PLASTIC bags for emergency use.  I remember hearing that during the Cold War stockpiling became huge, and then it expired.  I believe in using something as long as it's useful but once the utility is gone, there is no room left in my life for sentiment.  Well, maybe a little.  

Mama's wrist is fractured from the fall so there's  a UT orange cast on it for six weeks.  To say that I am grateful that this happened on somebody else's watch is an understatement. I've been way too busy snoozing on the new ass bed to jump and run to the ER.  These are your options folks!  The ERs of this country are packed with real emergencies that  people depend on care for and your stupid ass is all going postal because you can't get any hydros???  Go to hell.  Addiction is a psyhco/social condition that is not just limited to chemical use.  I've seen folks so addicted to some simple repetitive behavior that they would kill to do it.  Like my Daddy and the remote!

Today was was the pre-rollout of our improved brand which is the new green only without the letters. DRMC remains committed to quality care under the leadership of a new administration that seeks to invite community involvement.  They have been served well over the years by volunteers like my parents, Mr. Buck and Gerald.  Miss Polly and Miss Vera survive to run the gift shop.   Nobody even remembers who Geraldine Reaves was except for a few old timers.  My grandmother was an ER admissions clerk at the time of her mandatory retirement at 70.  I met a lot of cool people in that department.  The doctors were always smokin' hot.  

My friend and her minions are on a mission far away from danger and fear and I sleep better knowing that as well.  God moves in mysterious ways and often provides a swift kick in the ass when it's time to roll.  She got hers and it's in motion.  Peace and Grace sister~ My birthday was a steady Facebook reel of people who hired bots to say HBD or something because geez! Mamye has always called me on my day because Watson's is the 11th and we remember it.  She's my alter ego in that kick ass take charge kind of way.  She's hung with a lot of difficult *ahem* men and never gone down.  Even on tequila!

I've been asked to photograph the "to die for" house so I'm waiting for it to cool off a bit.  The new tenants will be moving in shortly and they sound harmless compared to the hot mess that lived there for seven years. "He's a dandy!" That's what Daddy said, and he didn't lie.  Somewhere along the way their little "we have potential as a special needs family" turned into a bad movie.  There were regular visits by law enforcement for welfare checks on the three children because the father had a seizure disorder and regularly self medicated and locked them out of the house.  You can't make this shit up, y'all.  The mother would randomly walk to town just to get away from the crazy.  The last three years there was no reliable vehicle.  It was the nastiest mess of a place I've ever witnessed when they left.  

But that was then and this is now ^j^




1 comment: