Sunday, September 20, 2015

early morning observations

Today's animal totem was a raccoon crossing my path which I almost hit only he was quick.  That should mean that I'm either about to be out of the desert or should appreciate what I have.  I choose both!  Since I was awake WAY before daylight I decided to go grocery shopping and discovered that Kroger doesn't open until 7 on Sunday. Soooooo...I hauled garbage.  Lots of it.  You can actually see the ground out back now.  There have been a couple of times when I let it get so out of control there had to be intervention like um...burying it.  Or sweet talking somebody with a truck to help a girl out.  I did my own bagging at the store and the guy whose job it is showed up just in time to haul 50 pounds of dog food.  Now I have to get it up the steps.  Damn.

The paperwork is finished for Mom's future so now we wait for the wheels to turn with the feds who are in charge of paying for her care on Daddy's dime.  It took six weeks to get the papers from OPM to continue his retirement in her name and file for life insurance.  I'd say another six may just get some money in the bank but you never know.  The Tea Partiers may just shut down the whole shooting match.  Time will tell.  

We're hooked on Nip Tuck around here and already into season 6.  I can't explain it, but this show is addictive as are the other ones like it.  I watched every season of Weeds until Andy walked off into the sunset leaving a reality stricken Nancy Botwin Newman Botwin howling.  Same with Breaking Bad and Nurse Jackie.  With this kind of entertainment, who needs cable.  I was rather disappointed in my celebrity boyfriend's movie that I rented, Love and Mercy.  He needs to stay away from the romantic leads even if it's an ego feeder.  Must Love Dogs was good but other than that, nah.   Plus 2012 was pretty cheesy.  

I passed this guy on a bicycle cruising downhill with a drink in his hand.  The usual suspects were hanging out at the front of the chicken store, minus Mr. Gene whose only day off is Sunday.  And I drove by my home church two or three times like I do every day.  At 6AM there was a solitary car in the lot .When I came back by at 8 I remembered that's the time that Daddy always arrived to practice with the men's choir.  Until he got sick six weeks prior to his death, he never missed.  Mom would play hooky now and then but not him.  

Gotta' go put up groceries and try a bite of every little thing.  Y'all keep the faith ^j^


1 comment:

  1. I hate grocery shopping and carrying bags up a flight of stairs!! I put it off as long as possible - or until my grandson comes over to help.

    ReplyDelete