Tuesday, September 22, 2015

code red

We had a fire drill today that actually was more of a hands on experience than any I've ever witnessed.  Hats off to Plant Ops for that plus our every ready on call status drilled in monthly at staff meetings.  How else are you gonna memorize acronyms?  We all became up close and personal behind the fire doors and chilled after I pulled the alarm.  I've ALWAYS wanted to to that.

I found myself with time this afternoon so scooped up new (smaller) drawers at the JCPenney store and got a real kick out of the good natured bickering among sales staff.  I mean, I spent 70 bucks and another lady got a bargain at 4 dollas' and was proud of it.  When I cruised into the home all the rocking chairs were full because it's a nice day.  Mom remained in her room becuase, um.  I don't know.  Anyways she called twice last night crying and then again this morning.  When I sat down she started with the anguish and accusations and I just couldn't handle it so I started moving toward the door slowly and by degrees.  By the time I got out I was in tears and she was hollering at my back.  Not a pretty picture, if you know what I mean.  I stopped by to chat with Sam and she made me feel better.  It's everyday's business to them.  She'll see the grandkids and all will be right with the world.

So..what about that asshat  hedge fund manager/robber baron/pharm guy.  Talk about getting busted he's like UNDER the jail.  Healthcare is a right, now something to finance Wall Street.   From the time life begins, whenever that may be in your opinion, it is a gift from God and not something to be bought and sold at the tables in the temple.  The upside to this might  be that higher quality more affordable drugs could be in our future after a few more companies tumble.  If you had asked me a year ago if I could imagine that we would be looking at the real possibility of a third party candidate and an organic revolution, I would have said "no way."    And by golly, I was wrong.

Faithful wishes....


No comments:

Post a Comment