Wednesday, March 27, 2024

everybody has a story

I claim to be a writer and have done so for many years on my blogs.  I did a few pieces for the local newspaper and got some recognition.  I recently received a login to post there so you can check it out on their page as well.

There are so many writers who have made a mark on me in a mostly Southern way.  Clyde Edgerton is one of them.  My latest crush is Sean Dietrich.  He is so my kind of guy and has suddenly got thousands of shares a day.  And then, hackers stepped in and tried to mess with the whole thing.  Impostors!  Nobody can imitate this man's honesty and truth because he tells it like it was.  He was poor, had a sister and a mama that carried on after her husband committed suicide.  Yes Sean...I read every word including Becca and the dog and how much you love your wife.  The world needs more storytellers.

Yesterday was busy.  My SS class cleaned the sanctuary in preparation for Easter service.  I wasn't there long but did manage to dust all the doors at the sanctuary entrance.  Y'all know the Easter people want a pretty place to worship and check out new clothes.  Just kiddin'.  I also dusted the choir loft and remembered what it was like to be sitting up there singing with others and leading the congregation.  Back in the day we did "specials" that required practice but that is not the case now.  We have no choir director.  It's okay though.  The rest of the staff steps up and makes it happen.

I was outside planting some herbs and put my puff coat on.  As I dug through the pocket I found the backing from some foam stars that we decorated Reaves's paper plate.  It made me sad that I don't get to see her more but also appreciative that I am allowed to now and then.  She knows me, loves me and will never forget who her family are.  

I also miss Lauren as well.  She has no car so she can't come here to see me.  Plus, the doggos.  Gobo the husky has these giant blue eyes that always look like he witnessed a murder.  Which he did.  Dude was so happy to see me he scratched my arm.  No blood, just a bruise.  Ava just lays around all depressed like.  They are a handful but the neighbors help out when the kids get home from school.  It's a nice little neighborhood with the top end immaculate and the bottom end kind of sketchy.

Slowly but surely I am turning this home into something Mama would love.  She always had a lot of stuff but I'm a minimalist so most of glassware is on the table waiting to be put back up after I clean out the china cabinet.  That makes me tired just thinking about it.

Still no help on the YouTube TV deal.  I'm looking for a local geek who will do it because THEY know.  It was a huge jump for me just to get ROKU and Netflix.  I am thinking that Bubba and me can partner up on this is they allow slots for other people.  Netflix tried to trick this old gal into paying 8 bucks more for another profile.  I declined.

Y'all get ready for a foot washing tomorrow.  Even if you do it yourself, remember the Last Supper.  Love ya....mean it ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment