Monday, December 28, 2009

a new year looms

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm about ready to put this one out of its' misery. The challenges of 2009 for me personally and the world in general have been pretty intense. Something tells i need some more fun. Like a LOT more. I'm already working toward my goals of getting organized so that I'm not constantly looking for something or for a place to put it. The first seed catalogs arrived today and there is finally a bird at my feeder on the porch. Life is good on the lane.

My youngest brother's family got literally snowed into their mountain valley home for about a week. Their package to us arrived today complete with pics of Adam sittin' on Santa's lap smiling like the joyous little kid that he is.

Just talked to my friend Sue for the first time in weeks and she's in Colorado! Plenty of snow there too. She said it's the biggest warmest fuzziest feeling to see her kids and grandkids play like that. We work together on occasion but love each other all the time.

Gotta go take the ornaments off the fire hazard of a tree. It's been up for a month and there's needles everywhere!

^j^

3 comments:

  1. Take it down pronto, Poopie, we don't want to hear of a fire!

    2009 can kiss my butt as it leaves, too. There's nowhere to go but up, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2009 sucked, but not as bad as some others; 2010 WILL be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, 2009 turned into a good year for me. But I think 2010 will be an even better year. So I am looking forward with anticipation and giving thanks for that which was good in the past. Seed catalogs? I haven't even had time to plant the bulbs from the fall that we bought.

    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete