Friday, December 4, 2009

in the office

I have turned the living room into my little private place to play because nobody ever comes to visit anyway..you can tell that by the stack of stuff on the dining room table. There are raggedy couches and a computer plus an old filing cabinet. This is my "command central" where the bills get laid out and stuff gets taken care of. It's been a real challenge for me to organize things because that's just not my strong suit. I guess it's just the part of me that wants to stay little.

I have an African violet that I've managed to nurture for a few years, a birthday gift from a friend. The coffee table is space to spread things out and actually work. I'm not sure yet what the next step will be, but I feel a creative mood coming on for the Christmas season. One of my most treasured gifts was a pair of hand painted cups and ornament from a fellow blogger last year. That is what the spirit of the season is all about, in my book. After helping Mom put their tree up this morning, I came home and plugged mine up in the corner of the office because hey..you don't get to enjoy it very long when they're live!!

Peace out. ^j^

2 comments:

  1. sweet. I forgot I did that. I think I took a picture, but I am glad you like them.
    :)
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's truly great to have a place of your own to spread things out and just work on it. I keep telling Shannon that if I ever build a house again it's going to have an office/den. Where I can hang all my cowboy pictures, old cowby hats on the walls and just be my space.

    Glad the tree is surviving the kitty. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete