Friday, October 23, 2009

transitionally speaking

The unanswered questions that have been swirling through the family's collective head got some answers this week. My parents will be able to live where they are, as long as they wish. The rest is just details. I feel blessed, to say the least. Sitting cross-legged on the floor of my daddy's home office, I marveled at the mess that had grown from a once highly organized ag business into a huge pile of papers. We hauled it all up the hill and sat down at my Ethel's kitchen table to sort through. The cleaning ladies warned me to watch out for spiders and I ran across one soon after spreading it all out at my house. He's dead.

Colors are peakin' here now, a gorgeous array of autumn hues strutting their stuff while the opportunity is there to shine. Mother nature always makes me smile, even when it's gloomy . Because, ya know? Sometimes there's a rainbow on the other side.

^j^

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy hearin' your parents can stay on the farm. It's looking bleak for my mom to stay.. she burned threw the $ dad left her right quick.. and it's worth too much for this old boy to buy it from her. *sigh* Guess it's gonna go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that is excellent news, Poopie!

    ReplyDelete