Thursday, December 31, 2020

bye felicia

I got to watch the Netflix presentation "Death to 2020" today and I must say it was one of those that keeps you present and in the moment in a funny sarcastic sort of way.  Samuel L. Jackson as the reporter is outstanding and the star studded cast creates an ensemble sort of piece that makes you go hmmmm.  Five stars kids.

God works in mysterious ways sometimes.  Right after the movie ended one of my clients called with a request for an item that I failed to pick up on an earlier run and a bag of celery.  The mayo was an easy dollar store scoop up but I would have to go INTO Kroger on a New Year's Eve Friday night to get said celery.  Luckily Gay had some and I got by with just the 'gentral.  Kroger looked typical for this time of the day as I whooshed on by.  

Lauren and I have worn each others' clothes off and on for years.  I had this fleece  lined long hooded coat from Old Navy that ended up being mine but it was hers first, if you know what I mean.  Anywho....the temp dropped when she and Reaves were here last night so I gave it back to her for the trip.   Soo...on the way to a job today I went by the Mission's thrift store and found another one for ten bucks that met my standards such as "must have hood."  

In spite of the challenges, I've experienced a lot of joy in 2020.  The biggest one was being alive when everybody thought I was a goner.  I take no credit for that because God gave me another chance and I was just about to give it up when a kind surgeon who had saved my life told me I was his best patient and not to give up.  My family is alive and well and nobody's deathly ill at the moment but we've had our trials.  It can turn on a dime.  That is why I am so grateful for every moment of every day.  There is something to be learned in being attentive.  I watched a bunch of ducks huddle up next to the bank this afternoon just gliding around and chatting.  That went on for a good 30 minutes.

My feast tomorrow will be purple hull peas, spinach with bacon and cornbread.  I hate those black eyes!  Y'all be keerful and call Uber or your mama for a ride if need be.  Love ya' like chicken ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment