Friday, December 18, 2020

trusty old camry

No tears were shed over leaving her at the lot over in Humboldt.  I was privileged to work with a super sweet sales consultant and the entire staff went above and beyond to help me.  Bubba and I met in the showroom right in front of a dang 80K Mustang with a snake emblem on it.  Something 500.  Anywho, four hours later I drove off in a new to me vehicle that is reliable.  Carrie said to me "honey, I knew you needed a new car....just not how BAD you needed one"  I told her the story about the bicycle guy stealing her from the hospital parking lot, which seems like just yesterday.  It still rankles me that I had to pay to get it out of impound with the evidence still inside!  I politely drove to the DPD and told them they had left some things behind.  Like the clothes he had on and a second stolen bike.  Plus his backpack.  As far as I know he's still in the slammer.

I'm sure that I'll never be able to find "my car" in the parking lot again because she was pretty distinctive what with all the dents and lens tape on the rear.  It was time for a change because I was about to be carless and that ain't good.  I have poured money into that old thing and even traded it in with a new tire and battery.  I had reached the point of now or never.  

With upgrade comes greater expense.  I will have to seriously study the budget to make this work.  And shop around.  Little things add up like 2 dolla bottles of Propel from a convenience store.  The DG has them for a buck.  The dogs are playing right now in my office and I've never been happier to see that joyful interaction.  They are brudder and sista.  

I'm still kind of numb from the whole day.  I feel blessed beyond measure, though.  Abundance comes when it is due.  I think I was way past my due date.  It requires that I be mindful and vigilant of how blessings can flow.  Y'all be safe and make Santa some cookies.  Heck, leave him some laced egg not.  The reindeer are driving!


1 comment: