Sunday, December 20, 2020

dental work

The girls came yesterday and Reaves wanted to open a present.  I offered her one and it had a calendar and Paige Semmel original shirt which she was not at all impressed with.  Clothes...bah.  Where's the toy?  Soooo, I pulled out the Play Doh dentist kit and she went to town with it as soon as we figured out how to get batteries into the drill.  The kept her occupied for a long time until she wanted "another" present.  There was a thirty minute melt down over the word "no more" and I told her all that was left was presents for Mommy.  Could she help me gift them?  She loved it as Lauren yelped with delight over every little thing.  See, my child!  The joy is in the giving.  Lauren will be back for brunch with me and Bubba down at the cabin.  

I'm still on a learning curve with the new vehicle.  I had to check and double check to make sure the lights were on because it was mighty foggy and misty out there.  I  made my one trip for the day and cruised on home.  I haven't washed dishes in a week so that is on today's to do list.  Last night I was craving fried mushrooms after watching Brenda Gantt fry some up.  I finally found some by delivery without having to pay doordash.  Good old Alvino's.  Whole mushrooms are on my pickup list for WalMart tomorrow along with a few other things like ANOTHER replacement remote.  Ellie ate the last one but there are no signs of the remnants in the house.  I'm assuming she took it outside to destroy.  

All four advent candles are lit in front of the nativity.  Merry Christmas week!

No comments:

Post a Comment