Saturday, December 5, 2020

the long and winding road

That was one of my favorite Beatles songs and it pretty much describes life.  We never know what the next hour or day will bring and are in a constant state of grief for the loss of something.  I went into a deep funk after I retired because that was how I identified myself....as a healthcare professional.  Never mind that all the other parts of me like having friendships was suffering.  I was an overachiever who believed that hard work and doing the right thing for patients was what they deserved.  And because I was a section supervisor I was kinda' sorta' on call 24/7.  I don't miss that at all and I feel very bad for all those who are doing those jobs during this day and time.  First responders.  EMS.  Nurses, doctors and all the assorted allied health folks.  Housekeeping.  Maintenance. IT.  We are all in a state of crisis because of the virus and what goes with it.  What concerns me the most is the state of our healthcare infrastructure.  I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Meanwhile, we have all the Karens of the world driving their big fat honking SUVs and bitching about things that don't matter worth a hill of beans.  I actually feel sorry for them.  No envy.  Just pity.  I believe in the power of telling your story to help others heal and in listening to theirs.  I reckon I'm kind of a street therapist that does it out of love for those I care about who have my back.  I had a random offer from a friend yesterday after she read about my plumbing woes.  It was good to catch up with her and just be.  I just like hearing people's stories.  

After that I had to hit up the 'gentral and was never so glad to be home and unpacked.  The USPS delivered some gloves today that were a JCP cheap deal.  I have learned to have good gloves in the winter.  And a heavy coat.  It's a hassle but it beats freezing to death whilst clearing snow off the car.  No carport, ya know.

Y'all be merry and bright.  I just watched the twins put up their first Christmas tree and it was worth sitting through five ads.  Peace on earth ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment