Sunday, December 13, 2020

blessed be the squad

If you are a Handmaid's Tale fan like me you are (not so) patiently waiting for the next season.  June gives me determination when all else fails.  Reaves got to see and talk with Santa on Zoom today and it was an amazing experience for all of us!  Lauren recorded while the baby sat in my lap and talked with him.  It was all interactive so we could say hey and thank you.  As much as I despise social media sometimes, where there's a will there's a way.  

Dat baby was soooo tired when she got here and I figure she's smooth out on the way home to Jackson in a chilly December rain.  She was actually ready to go home.  They were loaded down and loaded up in a stealth kind of way but her favorite blankie didn't get washed because she threw a fit.  She was covered in it when they left.  

I watched church online today because I just didn't have it in me to get dressed and go.  After a few errands, the girls arrived and we did our thing which is usually a hundred tasks at once.  We work well as a team.  

All my Christmas purchases have been made and some are wrapped.  Shhh.  Don't tell anybody where they are or there could be some snooping going on.  Thank goodness they didn't choose the closet for hide and go seek.

Seek joy y'all.  Times are hard for everybody.  I was at the 'gentral today and, as usual, the propel was on the top shelf where I couldn't reach it.  I asked the girl at the register if she could help but she was by herself and covered up.  That's when I asked the nice young deer hunter behind me to retrieve it for me because he was tall.  Bless his heart, he left his basket by the register and did it for me.  He was behind me in line but I let him go first.  People are good in so many ways. It just doesn't get told. Thanks deer hunter.  You are the bomb.  

Peace on earth kids ^j^

 


No comments:

Post a Comment