Wednesday, December 16, 2020

joke's on me

Okay...so today was hair.day at Headlines.  I'm sitting there with my client and I get a text from my friend Yaya saying "I see you."  I knew she had a hair appointment but was sure she would be gone by then.  Hah!  The whole time we were sitting there waiting she was in the chair in front of us getting the deed done.  Nobody knows who anybody is with a mask on and hairdos getting done. It was a hilarious moment.  I also saw my cousin's hub in another chair but only knew to look for him because I saw his car in the parking lot.  2020 is a challenge, huh?

I have a lot of balls in the air right now.  Looking at a gradual move to the cabin and getting a new ride all at the same time.  Plus, Christmas!  I'm enjoying my Snoopy tree and the season in general.  I can't remember last year's holiday but I know I was already a sick puppy when it rolled around.  Less than a month later I was in emergency surgery for a small bowel obstruction that resulted in a very long rehab post colostomy.  It was just a few days before 2020 when I almost wrecked the trusty Camry driving myself to the ER at 2AM.  Only to be told I had IBS by an ER doctor who didn't really want to be bothered with all of it.  No CT.  Nada.  All from diverticulitis that had been brewing for 8 months.  

There are a lot of things I don't remember but I do distinctly recall being ready to meet my maker as I veered toward that ditchbank on the loose gravel.  "  Well this is the way I'm gonna' go" I said as I wrestled the car back onto the lane.  I totally gave it to God and he pulled me through not once but twice.  Everybody thought I was going to die.  But thanks to a loyal surgeon on call and the great staff at Baptist East I survived and lived to tell the story.  

If you look back on your life, most of you will remember similar miracles.  If it's not your time, there will be intervention from beyond.  Yet somehow, there were bigger plans for you and me.  That is why I have such humility and gratitude.  Being blessed comes in fits and starts and usually when you least expect it.  

Merry Christmas eve eve eve eve eve eve eve eve ^j^

1 comment: