Saturday, August 24, 2013

without a voice

The virus from hell has settled in my throat resulting in a rather sexy and sultry raspy and inconsistent way of talking for the time being. My head feels like it's in a barrel and when I bend over my whole face hurts. BG is on an emergency run for meds to try and get us to breathing better but it's pretty rough what with all the dust and pollen. Almost ragweed season too...yay!

Against all odds it seems that American peeps are turning around and looking at how we really got in this shape as a country, and it didn't happen overnight or even during the last few years. It happened when we became enslaved to oil and proceeded to sell our souls to get it all the while destroying the environment. It's like people think that this little world will keep on twirling around them when it finally burns out. Big Ernie gave us mother earth as a gift to see what we would do with it. Like the good book says "Jesus wept".

It's hot as blue blazes again but it's mid-August in the south so there's your trouble. HUMID. Autumn clematis is blooming which means it's almost my birthday. I'm getting a new window for the trusty old Camry as a gift from my parents and BG is looking for a door handle. A couple of ladies came out to pick late yesterday and I was delighted to visit with Lee who grew up next to my mama's house on College street. She told me how when her mother was pregnant with "little John" my grandfather picked her butt up and put her in the car for transport! BTW, little John is the one who gave me the badass camera. How's that for the circle of life. Love ya...mean it.

Our old friend Shayy is about an hour away, coming in from the great state of Texas for a visit with old friends. The last time we saw her was at a funeral almost a year ago and we were holding hands and blubbering like babies. BG stopped by to visit with Jacob yesterday and view his stone. I think they talked a little about life and Lester's baby.

That's about all we know here on the hill. Tonight is work for BG at the newspaper to get ready for their Sunday edition. Tomorrow is, of course, eggs and doughnuts day unless we decide to brave the big chain/ harder to maneuver in loud place. We shall see what the grands want.

Peace ^j^





1 comment: