Sunday, August 4, 2013

bfb and stats

When I first began blogging FB was just a twinkle in you know who's young eyes. By the time he got to college and gave us access to every little damned thing, I had been plodding along for years tapping out a (mostly ranty) blog called Poop Happens. It was when our soldiers were dying daily in the midst of war on foreign soil where they were perpetual human targets for those who hate our country. The first time I saw a body hanging in Fallujah on tv I got sick from the pure hatred of the acts they were committing. Daniel Pearl.And all the others who lost their lives while being a part of a ten year futile war.

My friends who served have said that it's something that's pretty hard to recover from, if ever...the haunting things that they experienced. One told of a random switch up in posts for a search and rescue mission. His buddy got blown up and he was okay. One of the searchers went down leaving him to deal with that sight for the rest of his life. I know they say war is hell, but this one in particular disgusts me because it's about oil and big money. Does nobody get it yet that we're one of the richest countries in the world and OUR VERY OWN are dying from hunger and disease because of inadequate social programming and Wall Street fallout. Plus, said ten year conflict. Like my daddy says "It will always be thus and so".

We ended up at cracker barrel again which is always a good thing. You just never know who you're gonna see out there. I spotted one of my brother's ex-girlfriends strolling through with a way too tight dress stretched over her behind and I was suddenly wanting to text him...and in fact did. This bitch woman was the queen supposedly. Not in his book, maybe somebody else's. He has managed to partner with a woman who is his equal in creativity and stamina and they share both a business and parenting. That's a pretty sweet deal for this day and time.

Anyway back to FB. Before, when there were "blogrolls" that we each kept up for visiting, that went by the wayside as everybody discovered the satisfaction of real time posting. It's also a quick way to promote whatever you have be it a cause or small business or whatever. I'm sure they'll start charging at some point if the stock does well, but I wouldn't pay for it. I'll just go back to one big fat daily post.

There were no pickers this weekend and I slept for 13 hours straight without moving. This, is ALSO a good thing. Blessings abound in a somewhat clean house, an outside temp of under 90 in August and a short work week. Autumn clematis is beginning to bloom which means my birthday is coming and this time the lock will tick to 58. That's almost 60 ya'll.

Beats the alternative. Big hugs ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment