Sunday, August 11, 2013

random observations by a smartass

Head lights on a car don't always stay off if you're in and out of it all day and forgot to turn the beams off at 6AM. Then you have to get a boost from a co-worker who wouldn't have known where to put the cable. Fortunately I've learned quite a bit during the last ten years of singlehood and I could do the deed. All I needed was her motor running. Got that done, drove around the lot and it was good to go. Except for the plastic window and no door handle. Or hubcaps. People have even been mentioning lately how much I "need" a new car which should tell me that it's not just me being a whiny ass. I had a mini-meltdown after that and quickly went for the happy pills before it went into overdrive. Some days it just doesn't pay to get up.

Traffic has been light and I guess everybody else is as broke as me because nothing much is selling. Folks look and verbally claim but rarely take the time to show up with cash. The piece that has gotten the most attention is the oak bed that I no longer use because I have three layers stacked on the floor all princess and the pea like. Perfect butt level for a short gal to just slide under the covers. A wealthy local had her living estate sale yesterday and everybody was all a'twitter over the fine stuff to be had for dealer prices. The middle man makes out like a bandit in that type situation because it's usually well built and maintained items. Some antiques, but not a lot. Those get cherry picked by friends, family and the dealer before hand much like the pricey collectibles. I've got to hand it to my mother she was right about saving boxes and certificates. If I had them all I'd be blogging from Fiji soon. EBay, as much as it's touted as a sales tool is just too much trouble for me to learn at the moment. Gotta' keep my head on half-way straight to maintain the paying job! The picture of the St John gang that I posted on FB has about gone viral with old Dyersburgians who remember all four of us as kids. I was probably 9 or 10 and Ky cuz a year behind me. Not a clue what we all doing up in the Troy house but it was something fun I'm sure...we were smiling real big!

I'm beginning to realize that this on again off again depression is a coming to the realization that things don't look too good for us government wise. I put a lot of effort into looking on the bright side and signing petitions but in the end, money talks and that means we don't get heard. It's not a partisan thing by any means because there's a helluva lot of rich Dems that act just as selfish as the GOP ones. It has to do with remembering who you are and why you are there representing the American people. That got lost in the shuffle ages ago.

I also feel myself slipping away from folks that I knew were once people that I could really count on because they just don't care anymore. Friendship goes through phases like that and I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. When I look and see bitterness and selfishness where there was once empathy, it makes me sad. The down side to being an empathetic person is that if you don't have firm boundaries you will get squished like a bug more than once. The trick is to get back up and do it again, anyway. That's the only thing I've found that will keep me from climbing the water tower with an assault rifle. *ding ding Homeland security alert*

Since I'm faking it 'til I make it, I'm grateful that tomorrow's alarm won't be as early as today's because I can use the sleep.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz^j^

1 comment:

  1. Oft we conform to the masks we wear; be they tragedy or triumph.

    ReplyDelete