Tuesday, August 27, 2013

walk softly and drop the stick

Like the rest of the world, I've got an eye on what's going on in the middle east which looks like "hell in a handbasket" unless everybody backs down and thinks about the consequences of who they piss off. The most conservative of those among us read the bible every day and attend all sorts of services related to spirituality yet they don't grasp the fact that what's going on there has ALWAYS been going on and it's not our job as a country to fix it. That was my opposition stance to the Iraq/Afghanistan and Vietnam wars. In case nobody's doing the math, while we put all our efforts and (bankrupt) dollars toward fighting wars halfway around the world. Meanwhile our infrastructure is crumbling and a whole helluva lot of corporate types have made a kazillion dollars off the government's plan to demolish the enemy while they plot from inside our borders. If China says don't do it, I'd say no go. Those people don't play and they've already used us up by taking over the slave labor market.

So anywho, since blogfairy blessed me with some more peace signs AND a bronze fish plus groceries, I decided to let go of one to my friend at the resale store who swears I take sneaky jabs at him on this blog which I totally do because I can. I dropped it off to him while he was talking to one of ATT's outsource labor named Haji and I shared my 30 minute experience with three rounds of voicemail and Jose who also had a terrible accent. But hey, he was nice and I could understand him and I still have DSL so it's all good.

When I stopped by to see if BG was ready to leave work I went inside and inquired with a seemingly uninterested receptionist if I could make an appointment with the editor. She took my number and said he would call me when it was "convenient for him." Alrighty then. It's a good thing I have a day job.

Gotta go have a sudafed fix. Catch ya'll on the flip flop.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment