Wednesday, August 21, 2013

provider troubles

Hey blog peeps. Seems as if ATT did not properly post my payment (see saturday rant)so i am PC less and refuse to blog by phone and as I typed this on my freaking tiny ass phone the service was restored as a perk to me as a loyal customer in the wireless department. The internet service is decent but not fast by any means and I've asked for UVerse but it's not available. That's fine with me because it's one less contract. The company that offered me my first dial up connection is still in business and they have (of course) updated technology a bit. I kid you not, DirecTV and Dish are still threatening me by mail over one early termination and one "here's your box back I'll watch movies".

Things look better today moneywise as I have .15 above ground zero in the bank and money for supper in my pocket thanks to pickers with cash and good taste. Today's happy story is of two Peanuts music boxes purchased by a Snoopy lover. I'm just tickled to death to be at home with no obligations until 6AM barring unforeseen acts of god like a broken hip or something. Gratitude for the quiet? You bet your sweet ass. My eyesight is failing because I'm uh..almost another year older and they kind of wear out. My mother was a prolific writer in her day of everything from grocery lists to birthday cards all in her signature cursive. As a newspaper reporter she gathered recipes from everybody she knew and they were published weekly by her employer in a column titled From the Back Burner. After that she went to work for the state at the unemployment office and never got full time status or benefits. As a result, she has no SS to speak of but she DOES have daddy's benefits if he goes first. Who the heck knows at this point? The holy war might just eat up our retirement $$.

We chatted at work today about how the GOP is just digging their grave because of the Tea Party and whatnot which was kind of copasetic for me just to hear from somebody who used to be a die hard conservative. These folks are so self absorbed in their hatred and control issues that they don't realize there's not a viable candidate in the entire country for them to stage a comeback. Probably won't ever be another Republican prez. Not that I'm all about Obama, mind you. It pisses me off that he has played patty cake with the DEA and the DOJ even as individual states have decided to buck the federal mandates on pot. In the words of Nancy Botwin "It's natural..it's of the earth". Ethan Nadelman has been a pivotal figure in that struggle which, I swear ya'll, I never thought I'd be seeing as a 57 year old hippie.

I delivered an item at the resale shop where my friend does business and saw one of my strawberry crates all up in the window with a nice price on it. It's the coolest place ever with all kinds of unusual items picked randomly and cleaned (or not) for sale to folks who just happen in there. He asked me if I still have stuff to which I replied hell yeah, and then "where are you pulling from?" Dude...I live in an old farm house that's surrounded by a lot of other old houses. History repeats itself!

Ya'll come see us because there are bargains galore. And call your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment