Wednesday, August 14, 2013

easy come easy go

Well, the monsoon finally broke and today is more like September than the middle of August. The yard is mowed and the house is on the way to being clean enough to see what's what. I'm off day 2 of 3 and slept like a zombie person last night. All that grief work will wear you out! And you know, I look at it as work..something that I must do to move forward into the next chapter of my life. I never really grieved for KY cuz because life kept on going and all I have left of her is our last phone call the day before her death. She was happy and excited about planting the garden soon. I still have her number in my phone, and wish that I could get back all those messages I erased just to hear her voice.

Both of my ethereal friends called yesterday and I poured my heart out to them not having to explain much because well..they know. People who love you like that don't make demands or have expectations of getting something back or taking revenge. They want the best for you and send out good vibes to make it happen. It's like a sprinkle of fairy dust at just the right time. I now have a plan with details to be fleshed out as I can manage. And honestly? Just having one makes life all better.

Now and then I wonder what I would have done had I not been employed in the healthcare field. I've studied variations of that what with palliative care and case management, but never ventured outside of the field completely except to play and write and take pictures. There's bound to be a way to make that a day job (or at least a side one that pays!) and I intend to make it happen. Prayers on that one because ya'll know how I procrastinate. In the words of my friends Drew and Joe: "just do it".

Since it's reality break time somebody will have to call me and tell me if Russia invades or something tragic happens to the GOP. BG and I have the afternoon to burn and we're going to visit the grands and Ms. Faye in a bit. She's steady looking for a 2nd job to supplement the minimum wage gig at the paper. We've got cars to fix and places to go. Just for the heck of it I entered a B/W photo in the TOP group yesterday because I noticed the challenge. I SCANNED a print photo of one that I took way before I got the badass camera and was delighted to see how many people liked it bad resolution and all. That was back in the day when people would say "Oh, your composition is great." Thank you John Yarbro and Mark Wilson for giving me the gift of a fine digital camera and the belief that karma finds a way.

carry on people. love ya. mean it. ^j^



1 comment:

  1. Why yes... Drew and Joe DO say "just do it". So ... ?? :)
    Love ya Poopster.

    ReplyDelete