Thursday, August 22, 2013

oh boy

That's what George Jones (not the singing one but the golfing one) used to say when the shit got deep whether it was on the course or at work with planes and such. I remember sitting at his funeral hearing about a side of him that I never really got to know because he and his wifey were always so busy with their shop and family. A trendy business that grew from making chicken salad in a home kitchen was sold a few years after his death. After two months of selling stuff I can honestly say that I understand why she got out. Without her partner? It wasn't fun.

Obedience is not one of my finer points (shut.up) so I normally find myself in the middle of some sort of resistance when I feel that life isn't going my way. Neither am I the martyr type. All I ask is to be treated fairly and respected with some degree of compassion for where I am. Trying to take the high road has been a way of life for me and it's a lot easier than getting down and dirty with somebody whose path you cross frequently. We used to fight ALL the time at work over silly stuff when we were younger and everybody's hormones were raging. When there's that many women, there's bound to be angst. Just saying.

Putting on the big girl britches doesn't come easily but I'm getting used to it. Things have to be done to get by and they will get done in a timely manner. Even procrastinators like me know that deadlines must be met to make a living. Bills must be paid (unless you get government assistance and use it all to smoke crack and then it's free) and things tended to. I heard the same old "nobody knows where Obama's from" thing today...birther? Isn't that the politically correct term? And I sit in amazement that all these years later people still have the meanness to sit and speculate about the man because he's black and was associated with the ACORN people. So what? How is that different from big oil robber barons taking their girlfriends on trips at our expense and jacking off in airport restrooms with other guys. You know who you are. Somebody read too many volumes of Left Behind is all I'm saying.

And suppose that it's true and all the chosen ones, supposedly just Christians, are swooped up in the rapture and we're all just left here to cope with the dysfunction. Sounds like life in the USA right now if you ask me. I read this piece by a preacher today who took on two of the icons in the new religious world where one or two self absorbed individuals take "their" interpretation of the Bible and bring in millions for a fabulous lifestyle kind of like all of the television evangelists before them. I'll share that link with you and see who gets pissed off in the name of the Lord.

^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment