Friday, August 30, 2013

and starting over

The one singularly beautiful thing about being at the bottom of the heap is that there's nowhere to go but up. Performance improvement in most any area of life is a must and I choose at this point to save my own sanity. There have been no great announcements of intent except to myself, just a subtle letting go of all that has been my life on on this farm. When my baby brother lived down the road we used to drink beer on his porch and talk about the "beginning of the end". What was at one time intended to be a state of the art golf course clubhouse has remained a tiny little 1300 acre parcel of nature surrounded by the river. Awesome is not the word, and Big Ernie is proud except for the spraying and, well. You know how that goes.

Hopefully the trusty old Camry will have a new window before the day's over. We couldn't afford the regulator so it's gonna' be installed without if possible. It won't go up or down, but it will beat the heck out of plastic flapping in the wind. All the folks at church just look at us and smile when I pull up in that loudass redneck looking car. Bless her heart, I bet is what they're thinking. I used to judge people like that and it hurts my own heart to think of the pain that I put on others by refusing to just let them be.

It's the hottest muggiest day yet and the dogs are running in and out of the house, not able to tolerate the heat for long because they're spoiled to AC. I can relate to that. So far I haven't seen a mushroom cloud so I'm assuming that our President is standing back from a few things and it's about damn time is all I can say. Listen up ya'll...there is NO dress rehearsal for life. Only knowledge gained and experiences lived. High five to the POTUS and Holder for backing off the states on pot laws. We need the money revenue and I do believe that we have bigger fish to fry at this point in time. Only in America can it be legal to gamble and not to smoke ganja.

Jobs! Lots of minimum wage jobs. My daughter has one at 7.25/hr and works her ass off. Those people working at Burger King are about 2.50 ahead of her but she's not trying to raise a family on it. For us, it's survival for two women who have learned the hard way that kindness and empathy can cross any barrier. Our friend Tara spent her birthday in the hospital sick as a dog but her babygirl's coming home for good so she's tickled to have the family back together. Booger came to visit while I was at the sawmill yesterday and he's sick too. *wah*

Even though I don't have tv, I'm really pumped about Jon Stewart's comeback because I credit he and Colbert with turning the eyes of this nation around by being polar opposites who play perfectly together. My rule of thumb is it's better to laugh than cry which is why I love comedy so much.

Peace ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment