Monday, August 19, 2013

walkin' the walk

Lord have mercy ya'll today was a real test of my ability to multitask because I was going 90 ways to nowhere as an official greeter and meeter of random folks. And it's only Monday! As usual, it was a blessing in unusual ways and I'm the better for it. No details because the hippa police might come get me but um. I'm glad it's over.

The kind people at our local utility company gave me six more days on the bill which is nice of them but not really helpful considering my next pay date. Dude said next year they go from the complimentary extensions twice a year to once. Gotta pay TVA you know. There was no time for news today except for a glance to notice that Egypt is on the back burner and Idaho is on the front one. God bless us everyone. The movies that we watched this weekend were wickedly conspiracy theorish and I loved the hell out of both. Brothers and DejaVu. Brothers was almost too much reality, but it gave me a deep satisfaction in knowing that I was against the whole war thing what 11 years ago now? Ride a bike people. Walk, for God's sake. Walden's Pond is gone man.

My brother and his wife publish a monthly mag and I love reading their stories because they're all about something other than whatever drama is going on in the MSM headlines. They live in an area with a large artisan population and a rich history of conservative politics. When they went on vacay, randomly in another jeep so as not to disturb the bird nest, they found a snakeskin in the back where the kids ride and the real deal under the driver's seat. Anybody who knows me can be assured of what my response would be. Not.Pretty.

I've taken to listening to happy songs more and more because why the hell not, ya know? Life is short. Seize the day and all that. I've never been a very obedient southern girl which makes me not good material at all in the romance department. Now there are actual CLUBS of young women getting dirty like I've done all my life. And of course all their shirts match. Southern girls would say "how niiiice".

BG and I had a quick financial conference today and decided to let go of more antique pieces because we need to eat are planning a cruise to celebrate 2014 or some such fantasy. As for me, I'd rather not be on a cruise ship because those things break down now and again. Just sit me in a shack by the shore with air and a shitload of beer and I'm happy. More later. Keep your fingers crossed for buyers. What doesn't sell is meant to be here for now.

Anybody want to be my date for the class reunion?



No comments:

Post a Comment